“We need your donations large and small to keep The Longshed a vibrant part of our community.
This is ‘your’ building to take pride in, to enjoy, to boost the vitality of our Town and ensure our
maritime heritage stays with us.
The Longshed was a bare shell when Woodbridge Riverside Trust took it on in 2018 and we are very
grateful for the local financial and volunteer support it has received from individuals, local
businesses and associations, and from local authorities and other grant awarding bodies to help us
to get to this stage.
We now need everyone’s help to meet the running costs and equip The Longshed for its future roles,
so please join the ‘Friends of The Longshed’ scheme for regular donations, or make a one-off
donation as a contribution to The Longshed.
Members of the Trust work hard on seeking out and applying for funding from a range of sources.
Please do let us know if you have contacts with organisations that can help us.
Thank you for your support.
Current projects, activities and facilities based in The Longshed include:
– The Replica ship build project by the Sutton Hoo Ship’s Company (not part of WRT)
– “The King’s River Tapestry “– beautiful textile art tells the story of a the Burial Ship and its links to Woodbridge and the River Deben
– “Follow the Ship” – an education programme for schools
– In partnership with Just 42, running practical skills workshops for young people. – Sae Wylfing The Trusts own half-length replica of the Sutton Hoo ship
– A range of exhibitions/talks/storytelling to suit all ages
– The John Gibbins Gallery – a wonderful community space to view ground floor activities, and
to hold a wide range of events.
Our Charity number: 1159510